You already know Design & Manufacturing New England is a must-attend expo and conference, now it's time to show your boss. Make the case using the resources in our Justification Toolkit.
This Toolkit Includes:
- Tips for Getting the Green Light
- Top 5 Reasons to Attend
- Conference Tracks at a Glance
- Conference Cost Worksheet
- Sample Letter: Conference
- Sample Letter: Expo
- Projected Expenses Worksheet
Tips for Getting the Green Light
When crafting your plan, think about the bottom line: Why should the company budget for your trip and what's the return on its investment?
- Be Specific – Describe how attending will benefit your current projects, inspire new ideas, or address knowledge gaps on the team.
- Be Solutions-Based – What issues pop up again and again? List exhibitors who could provide the solutions the team needs.
- Provide a Post-Conference Rundown – Offer to deliver a short presentation or write-up on your key takeaways.
- Devise a Plan – Be thoughtful about time missed and who will cover for you while you're at the conference.
- Cut Costs – Offer to share a room to reduce hotel expenses. If you're attending the conference, book early to take advantage of early-bird rates, or save with group discounts.
Top 5 Reasons to Attend
While there are many compelling reasons to attend Design & Manufacturing New England, we've whittled it down to the top five to give you a brief, powerful list. Present these to your supervisor or slip them into water cooler conversation. Either way, they're sure to help secure your spot.
- Access to Top Suppliers – Source everything you need and explore the latest innovations with more than 450 suppliers at the ultimate end-to-end showcase – brands include Xcentric Mold, Formlabs, and Bal Seal Engineering.
- Comprehensive Education – In addition to free education on the expo floor, access two exclusive conferences designed for professionals interested in medtech or embedded systems – two booming fields in New England.
- Hands-On Training – It's one thing to study from afar, but quite another to put your hands to work. Take advantage of practical training opportunities over two full event days.
- Exclusive Networking – With more than 4,500 industry professionals on one show floor, the potential for finding future partners and making lasting relationships is huge.
- Three Leading Trade Shows in One – Your free expo pass unlocks access to two additional expos — BIOMEDevice Boston and Embedded Systems Conference (ESC) Boston — where you'll find the full spectrum of products and services supporting New England's booming medtech, embedded systems, and design engineering sectors.
Conference Tracks at a Glance
Over two full days, expert speakers and visionaries will share their insights through a variety of formats and sessions tailored to novices and gurus alike. Choose between the in-depth conferences at either BIOMEDevice Boston or Embedded Systems Conference (ESC) Boston to find the education you need to address the specific needs of your department.